Become a part of TRY theatre Europe
Hiring City Directors to Manage City Studios
Who We Are
TRY theatre (est. 2010) was the first international drama school for children and youth in Croatia. Rather than an acting school, TRY theatre is primarily a creative environment for individuals to explore and discover their manifold identities.
Classes are structured as safe and open spaces in which, through drama and humour, the thoughts and feelings of each individual are freely shared and become alive.
The curriculum encourages the development of creativity and confidence by exploring different models of expression.
Our mission is designing and delivering programmes that are relevant and beneficial to the personal and social growth of youth across the world.
What’s Going On?
TRY theatre has acquired the funding to open youth theatre studios in a number of European cities and we are looking for highly organised, motivated, and proactive individuals to become City Directors in their cities. These people will organise, coordinate, and oversee the daily activities of our studios and be the ones to ensure that our business is well-coordinated, productive, and beneficial to its users.
Is This a Dream Job for You?
We will totally respect who you are and not ask you to change too much but, in our experience, these are the qualities that have worked best so far:
- Be innovative, efficient, and have an organised, flexible approach to day-to-day responsibilities;
- Be very enterprising and reliable;
- Be intuitive, fast thinking, and with the capability to multitask a vast range of priorities simultaneously;
- Be a capable writer and verbal communicator and have at least good verbal and written English language skills;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and problem solving skills;
- Have a confident, friendly, and professional disposition;
- Have the ability to work independently but be able to take directions when required;
- Have a high level of self-motivation, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude;
- Have the ability to prioritise effectively and remain calm under pressure;
- Have bold and ambitious thinking.
Are You the Dream Person for the Job?
While many of the responsibilities will depend on you and what you create with your colleagues, these are some of the fundamental activities that you will be required to carry out:
- Organising, not conducting, youth classes and workshops, creating and publishing schedules;
- Promoting TRY theatre, our mission, classes, workshops and events in the media;
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of studios to ensure smooth progress;
- Being a part of the teacher hiring team;
- Direct communication with drama teachers and class assistants, parents, and class participants;
- Managing all the finances of the organisation and creating financial reports;
- Working on EU projects with other TRY theatre organisations;
- Developing and implementing an operational plan and ensuring that procedures are carried out properly;
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships and partnerships with local and international stakeholders;
- Evaluating regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements;
- Keeping under review the objectives, outcomes, and outputs of the company against the Business Plan;
- Developing and monitoring an annual contributed revenue and expense budget of organisation in conjunction with the President and the Board.
- We do not have formal education requirements and are open to candidates who are smart, organised, and have a passion for making the world a better place through drama education;
- Fluency in English and the local language of your country;
- Understanding of marketing, including use of social media;
- Computer literacy and proficiency with databases and the MS Office;
- Belief in the mission of TRY theatre and appreciation of the important role cultural institutions play in the life of a vibrant community as well as the ability to articulate this mission and role to others;
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, if required;
- Desirable but not required is to have some experience with public relations, communications, finances or related areas with an understanding of non-profit organizations.
Compensation and Application Process:
The salary will be competitive with other arts organizations in your country, with bonuses for especially successful management (student numbers, EU projects, fundraising).
The hiring decision will be made by senior members of organisation leadership.
If you think that you are the right person for this job, send us your CV, an A4 page Cover Letter, and a short essay (up to 1000 words) about why you think your city would be a great place for a TRY theatre studio. – the essay is particularly important
All applications must be sent to email@example.com by February 21st. Applications sent in any other way will not be taken into account.